Apart from the plentiful benefits, there are also possible detox diet side effects. However, these side effects can be minimized or even be prevented from causing harm to one’s body. So before doing any detox diet, it is very important to know the risks involved with it.
5 Detox Diet Side Effects
Some of you may think of detox diet side effects as great dangers to your overall health. But by way of being informed about these negative impacts of the detox diet plan, you can definitely do away with them correctly. Here are five of the most dreaded effects of undergoing the detox diet.
Detox Diet Side Effects
1. Headaches – Headache is the most common side effect that people experience when doing a detox diet. Some have minor headaches while others have painful ones. The main reason why headaches happen during detox diet is because of withdrawal. This does not only happen to people who smoke or drink alcohol, but also to people who regularly drink caffeine.
2. Fatigue – Another side effect that is usually experienced during a detox diet is fatigue. This is a common reaction of the body because as you start the detox diet, there is a temporary deficiency in essential nutrients. It is due to the fact that you will only be taking in juice or water. But at the end of the detoxification process, you will notice an increase in your energy.
3. Nausea – Nausea is experienced by a lot of people when doing detox diets. This usually happens when an individual is addicted to alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine. It is one of the most common withdrawal symptoms together that happens along with vomiting. Nausea is also a common side effect of liquid detox programs. It is because you may experience extreme hunger during the beginning of the detox diet plan and this symptom comes with it.
4. Increased Urination – During detox diet, your body will be fed with plenty of liquids from fruits, vegetables, juice, or water. Hydration is a very important part of detox diet since it is the one responsible for flushing out of toxins from your system. As a result, the more liquid you have in your body means you will have to urinate more often.
5. Diarrhea – The main purpose of the detox diet is to cleanse the body. So wastes and toxins are expelled out of the body through bowel movement. At the beginning of the detox program, your body still holds a lot of build-up so flushing it out may come in the form of diarrhea. This is an indication that the detoxification process is working.
How to Minimize Detox Diet Side Effects?
The side effects should not scare you from undergoing the detox diet. It is because these are signs that the cleansing process is having a positive effect on your body. You may not be able to prevent it, but you can minimize the effects of these unwanted symptoms.
- Begin eating more fruits and vegetables a week before the actual detox diet.
- Minimize your intake of meat, dairy products, caffeine, alcohol and cigarette several days before detox.
- Get sufficient rest and relax during the detox period. You will need to pack yourself with energy since you will feel deprived of food.
- Go on a soft diet e few days before starting your detox diet.
- A mild exercise like walking will help to ease fatigue during detox diet.
Detox diet side effects cannot be stopped from happening. It is because they are indications that the detoxification is effective. However, these side effects can be minimized in order for you to ease the discomfort you may feel during the detox diet.
Now if the detox diet side effects still scare you for some points, there`s no need to worry. You can still go for other detoxification alternatives out in the market today. For one, acai berry products will help as these contain antioxidant properties. These give them the ability to flush out harmful wastes from your system. But make sure you`re getting Pure Acai Berry to ensure that you are getting a high quality product out of the legions promoted in the market today