Looking for a home remedy for indigestion? Well, you are lucky as there are options for you. These are considered inexpensive as they can be done within the four corners of your home. But remember that these ones require much of discipline and dedication on your part if you want to make them work for your benefit.
An Introduction to Cure for Indigestion
Indigestion, also often referred to as Dyspepsia is a digestive system condition that transpires when the juices resulting from digestion are improperly secreted. This is the reason behind the development of discomfort on the area. Indigestion may also occur when the stomach or the intestine are not able to convert the foods into smaller substances so that it can be assimilated into the bloodstream of the human body.
If this happens, the undigested food can cause problems in the body. Examples are stomach aches, stomach cramps, diarrhea and constipation. Indigestion may result also from: over eating; fast eating without chewing properly; improperly cooked food; food allergy; and lack of exercise.
In times of illness most people turn to home remedies not only because this will cut their expenses but also because it can be done at once at home. Here are some tips regarding this matter:
- The simplest remedy for indigestion at home is to drink 2 glasses of warm water. This is a good home remedy for indigestion that is caused by flour.
- In case of indigestion that is caused by too much consumption of pulses, two pinches of rock salt will help.
- If indigestion is caused by eating sweet foods, it can be treated by eating the bark of a peepal tree (Ficus religiosa) together with water.
- Indigestion among children caused by eating coconut can be solved by eating simply a plate of plain cooked rice.
- Children eating jackfruit in excess can have indigestion although jackfruit is sweet and delicious. Indigestion is caused by the sticky saps present in the fruit. One banana is a good remedy for this kind of indigestion.
- Drinking at least ½ glass of pineapple juice every after meal can help treat indigestion.
- A mixture of 1 tablespoonful each of lemon juice and ginger with 2 spoonfuls of honey as well as a glass filled with lukewarm water is useful in treating indigestion as well.
- Orange and grapes are both useful home remedy for indigestion since orange can allow the stomach to rest. These can also supply nutrients while grapes can help remove stomach irritation.
- A mixture of 1 tablespoonful lemon with one cup of hot water can help cure indigestion because it fights against bacteria. It should be taken before you start your meal to get rid of indigestion.
- Another good home remedy for indigestion is a daily cold bath.
- Application of an ice bag on the stomach area for at least 30 minutes every after meal is also recommended.
- For immediate relief drink a 50:50 mixture of baking soda and water.
- Peppermint is also good for indigestion.
- To stimulate digestion, you can chew just a minute piece of fresh ginger with salt at least 5 minutes before eating your meals.
- You can also eat ½ teaspoon of aniseed if you want to get rid of indigestion.
- Another one to relieve indigestion is taking one tablespoon of the so-called cinnamon water taken after an hour of every after meal.
- Buttermilk plus a teaspoon or two of coriander juice is also an effective treatment of digestive disorders.
Having known about the list of home remedy for indigestion, will you still look for other solutions out there? Maybe you should. Maybe you should not. But if you want to alleviate your condition faster and you don’t have the time mixing these things altogether, then why not try another natural cure for acid reflux or indigestion.
There is such a product as Acid Free Flux which can help you with your problem. You can order it from its makers for $37.95. This is $10 less than when offered out in the market.