The liver detox diet plan can be done by anyone. It does not require complicated preparation. All you need to know is the list of foods that you should include in your diet. Liver detox can be done in one day, three days or one week.
In each of these phases of the liver detoxification diet plan, there are certain elements to take note of. As mentioned, since this is a diet plan, you have to be careful about the food you eat. Before going to the different phases, you must learn about the foods that are included in this natural liver detox procedure.
Foods that should be Included in Liver Detox Diet Plan
There are a lot of foods that help promote a healthy liver. The best vegetables for the liver are cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, radish, sprouts, artichokes, and rhubarb. Raw and freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are also good for the liver. Cold-water fish such as mackerel, salmon, sardine and herring are vital for the liver’s health. Healthy oils like flaxseed oil, walnut oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil and wheat germ oil can be used for salads.
3 Day Liver Detox Diet Plan
There are three key elements that you should take note of when planning a 3 Day Liver Detox Diet. Eat foods rich in antioxidants because they protect the liver from being damaged and enhance production of bile. Use spices such as nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon since they reduce cravings, and rids the liver of environmental pollutants. Finally, find a source of healthy bacteria such as yogurt because they stimulate better absorption of nutrients in the liver.
7 Day Liver Detox Diet Plan
A 7 Day Liver Diet is a great way to cleanse your liver. It can be done at least thrice a year to ensure the health of the largest organ in your body. Here are the steps that you should follow everyday for one week to detoxify your liver.
- Upon Waking Up – Drink two glasses of water as soon as you get out of bed. One glass must be pure distilled water while the other must have juice of half a lemon.
- Breakfast – Eat one fresh fruit and one cup to two cups of whole grains. Examples of whole grains that you should eat are brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and millet. On the other hand, stay away from oats, rye, wheat, barley and corn.
- Midmorning Snack – Consume one to two cups of vegetable broth. The ingredients of this homemade broth are broccoli, spinach, celery, zucchini, red-skinned potato peels. The vegetables must be simmered in water for 30 minutes. After that, it is strained and the broth is served as it is.
- Lunch – Eat steamed vegetables consisting of four different kinds, texture, color and flavor. You can consume up to four cups during the meal.
- Afternoon Snack – Have a cup or two of the same vegetable broth that you had during the morning snack.
- Dinner – You can choose to eat steamed vegetables or raw vegetable salad. Be sure that the dressing you put on the salad is light, preferably healthy oils or vinegar.
- After Dinner – You should not eat anymore after dinner. But you can drink as much water as you desire.
- Water Intake – Keep your body hydrated. You should drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.
The liver detox diet plan is not just followed for a certain span of time. You can actually eat foods that promote liver health every day. When you have a proper diet daily, you will have a healthy liver all-year-round.
Also, it will also be best to have another remedy to support your liver detox diet plan. You can get a health product from stores that will best suit your diet. There is one called LiverActive, a homeopathic spray that supports the healthy functioning of the liver. With proper dosage and administration of the product, you will get your organs to work properly.