Sleep is as essential as foods, drinks, and security that is why sleeping tips for kids are devised to help you to send your toddlers to dreamland. Just like adults, children also experience sleep deprivation that may be caused by stressful activities. The following paragraphs and bullets will explain the different ways helpful in making your child sleep soundly at night.
10 Sleeping Tips for Kids
When putting your kids to sleep you may have encountered some problems for several times already. It really is quite difficult to put your kids to sleep at some points in your life. To help you solve the struggle, you may want to consider the following suggestions.
- Make sure that your child has a regular bedtime every night. Never change the pattern of their sleeping schedule. You must not also change their waking time, even during weekends.
- You must make a comforting bedtime schedule like bathing them in lukewarm water or reading bedtime stories.
- You must not give your kid any type of food or liquids that contain caffeine not less than six hours prior to sleeping.
- Stay away from providing them sizeable amounts of foods before going to bed.
- Do not let your children play or do activities before going to sleep as it can keep them wide awake due to the stimulation of their brain.
- You must see to it that your child’s bedroom has no television set, radio or anything that will impede their sleep.
- Make sure that your child’s bedroom is comfortable and dark or dimly lighted only.
- Be sure that the noise in your house is at a low level.
- Make sure that you put your kids to bed when they seem exhausted but be sure that they are still awake. You should also stay away from sleeping with your child to let them sleep soundly.
- The majority of experts says that children in their school age need at least 9-12 of sleep every night. It is very important that they must increase their normal sleep schedule and they must get used to sleeping on their own.
Questions You should Know Regarding Your Kid’s Sleeping Problem
There are questions you need to answer to be able to find out if your child has a sleeping problem. These questions are listed below :
- Bedtime : Do your kids get troubles setting off to bed or getting to sleep?
- Excessive daytime sleepiness : Do your kids appear sleepy or exhausted throughout the day? Do they find difficulty in waking up in the morning?
- Awakenings : Do your kids recurrently wake throughout the night or do they find it difficult to go back to sleep when they wake up in the middle of the night?
- Regularity and duration of sleep : What time do your kids set off for bed and wake up during weekdays and weekends? How much do sleep they get?
- Snoring : Do your kids snore noisily? Do they appear to have breathing troubles during the night?
The sleeping tips for kids should be able to work if you follow them religiously. Do not allow your children to sleep whenever they want. You have the power to control the sleeping habits of your kid and by doing this. You may just be able to remedy their sleeping problems.
The Result of Sleeping Problems in Kids
When your kids have sleeping problems, there is a tendency that you will have a problem sleeping yourselves. Therefore, you must see to it that you remedy their problem at once. If they will not sleep, you can’t sleep as well. Now, if the sleeping tips for kids mentioned above won’t work, your last resort as a parent is to get your own natural sleep aid. There are sleep aids that can help you fall into a better sleep even when you have problems dealing with your children’s plight.