This site consists of affiliate links. And I will get a small compensation when you click these links. Please see my affiliate disclaimer page for complete information.
The fact that anybody regardless of age can suffer from heartburn means that you should find a home remedy for heartburn. Several factors can cause this situation to take place. Genetics, diet or even pregnancy can contribute to heartburn. This may occur occasionally or even every day.
More on Causes of Heartburn
Eating citrus fruits or spicy foods can cause heartburn. Same is true with desserts that have chocolate in them. People who overeat and those who eat before bedtime can have this discomfort as well.
Furthermore, smoking and drinking can weaken the esophageal lining making it more susceptible to damage by stomach acid.
It is very important to identify the different factors that are involved in heartburn as early as possible. This is to avoid damage of the esophagus because this can be irreparable. If ever you have symptoms of heartburn you can try to remedy it even when you’re just at home.
What is the Best Home Remedy for Heartburn?
When sleeping at night try to keep your head up to protect your esophagus. It is better to elevate the head of your bed so you’ll be having a sloped sleeping position.
In this way you can keep your stomach contents where they belong. Don’t sleep in your waterbed. In here, you can’t prevent your stomach contents from spilling out into your esophagus. In addition to this, you can also consider the following:
- It is recommended that you increase your water intake during the first sign of heartburn.
- A teaspoonful of baking soda soaked in one full glass of water is an effective remedy of heartburn.
- You can also create a mixture of a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of warm water.
- Another relief for this digestive system condition is by drinking buttermilk.
- Cinnamon is also good for treating heartburn. Making tea with cinnamon sticks and drinking this once a day is a good home remedy for heartburn. You can also prepare a cinnamon sandwich for a change.
- Simmer one and a half teaspoon of ginger root for approximately 10 minutes and drinking it could bring relieve you of the discomfort.
- Since Aloe Vera juice can heal the intestinal tract, this can also relieving you from heartburn.
- Make a potato shake and drink it instantly. Be sure not to peel them but instead wash them thoroughly. For better taste, you may combine it with other juices.
- For the relief of esophageal irritation, make a tea out of chamomile and drink it every after meal.
- A teaspoon of mustard in the yellow variety when mixed with half glass of water can help put a stop to the discomforts of heartburn right after you take it.
- Cut a cabbage into pieces and immerse inside a pot of warm water. Let the cabbage cook for at least seven minutes. Add mashed potatoes as well as a small amount of olive oil and mix them altogether. This can heal the burning sensation associated with heartburn.
- Have a cup of vanilla ice cream or drink cold milk.
- Chewing bubble-gum can cause acidity to disappear. This is the easiest way to get rid of acidity.
- Since the stomach does not have enough acid to digest the food properly, drink a teaspoon of vinegar when you are suffering with heartburn.
- Calcium is the best remedy for heartburn so have a glass of milk or a cup of yogurt for quick relief.
With all the home remedy for heartburn, you may no longer want to look for other products that will cause just expenses on your pocket. But wait, you can always opt to have a great solution to your heartburn problem through the form of natural cure for acid reflux.
One product that can serve as a cure for heartburn and other digestive system disorders is called Heartburn No More. This is a 5-step plan aiming to eliminate heartburn, acid reflux, and other related gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. Compiled by Jeff Martin, this guide appears to be founded on proven holistic strategies, which Jeff affirms helped him overcome his esophageal cancer diagnosis.