This site consists of affiliate links. And I will get a small compensation when you click these links. Please see my affiliate disclaimer page for complete information.
We often associate natural with herbal thus making us connect natural cures for acid reflux with herbs as well. There are indeed a lot of herbs that can help in the difficulty. You will find out more about these herbs as you progress through this article.
As of the present, there are a lot of herbal cures for acid reflux. These herbal medicines are established by herbalists according to what they are known for in the field of conventional medicines and their uses as customary medicinal plants. Numerous types of herbal cures that can efficiently remedy acid reflux can usually be found in your own kitchen.
Types of Herbal Remedies for Acid Reflux
There are particular herbs which can be used directly to ease you of acid reflux. You do not have to buy herbal supplements to treat the condition. Below are several of these herbs.
1. Ginger Root. This is an astonishing kind of natural herb that is proven to contain the ability to soak up the stomach acid as well as the capacity to relax the nerves. If you want to use ginger root for acid reflux, you can purchase ginger root capsules in your favorite nutritional store and take one capsule right after dinner.
2. Fennel Seed. This is a type of pungent but dominant herb that can aid alleviate some digestive troubles. It has a substance established as Anethole, recognized in holding back stomach contraction or gastrointestinal tract cramp. It is considered as an efficient cure for acid reflux. You can chew half teaspoon of fennel seeds following your meals.
3. Anise and Lavender Tea. A concoction of these two herbs is useful in alleviating the symptoms caused by acid reflux due to its ability to decrease the quantity of acid inside your stomach. You can blend the same quantity of anise seed and lavender into 2 ½ cups of boiled distilled water simultaneously.
Steep the herbal blend for around three to five minutes then strain the mixture. Put a small amount of honey to sweeten. Ingest around 8 ounces of this blend morning and evening to alleviate the symptoms of acid reflux.
Herbs Known in Herbal Acid Reflux Medicines
Aside from the natural herbal cures for acid reflux found in your kitchen, a lot of herbs are also the active ingredients found in acid reflux medicines. Some of these herbs are listed below.
1. Chamomile. Chamomile flowers are the ones used as medicinal parts of the chamomile plant. Its flowers are pungent and have a tart flavor and they smell a little bit strange. The chamomile flowers are considered as stimulants and contain a lot of benefits including alleviating the symptoms caused by acid reflux.
2. Steeple Bush. The parts of this herb commonly used as medicine are the roots and leaves. They contain stimulant properties that can benefit a lot of disorders including acid reflux.
3. Slippery Elm. The medicinal part of this herb is its inner bark. It contains demulcent, emollient as well as nutritive properties, which are helpful in alleviating internal digestive and respiratory problems.
These problems include dysentery, diarrhea, problems in the urinary passageways, and bronchitis. Externally, slippery elm is capable of curing inflammations and boils. It also acts as a suppository to both rectum and vagina.
The herbal cures for acid reflux are designed for long term use so that you can completely see their results. The popularity of herbal cures for acid reflux is due to its 100% natural components which are good not only to adults but to all ages. Since they are all natural herbs, you can take them without being worried of side effects.
In addition to the above tips on how to treat acid reflux, you may also invest on homeopathic remedies. You can also try this 5-step plan aiming to eliminate heartburn, acid reflux, and other related gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. Compiled by Jeff Martin, this guide appears to be founded on proven holistic strategies, which Jeff affirms helped him overcome his esophageal cancer diagnosis.